BlogSurfer

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Write in Style!

During a little Fall cleaning around the house, I unearthed some of my old journals. After a good round of chuckles over what used to seem SO dramatic, I started looking at the journals themselves. They were the average, mass produced blank journals that so many teens use to log their thoughts and angst. Even though the content is no longer applicable to life as I know it, I felt the need to hang on to them for posterity - and future levity! As I placed them in a storage box to be re-discovered at a later date, it got me thinking about the journals themselves. My nostalgia kicked in and I am found myself wishing that the books were something a little more special than the bargain bin option at Barnes and Noble. In my search it became obvious to me that there truly are options to suit every need when it comes to keeping a journal.

The purist in me fell in love with the charm of this leather bound journal. I can envision myself with a great cup of coffee at a street side cafe watching the world go by and making note of my oh so interesting thoughts... well, they would be interesting to me! Just the texture of the paper used for the pages appeals to the writer trapped inside. Of course, with my passion for all things clay, the ceramic piece adorning the cover is the thing I cannot resist.  The 200+ pages should also make it feasible for me to keep this fictional cafe in business throughout the year as I document my cerebral pontifications. 

As I drifted back to reality, it occurred to me that unless I win the Lotto soon I am not likely to have the free time to sit at a charming cafe spending the afternoon thinking and writing. Still feeling nostalgic, though, this charming journal caught my attention. Designed to help you consolidate your journal writing, the pages allow for one line of entry for each day of the year. Simply take a few moments at the end of each day to make note of the most memorable experience and add it to your journal. At the end of the year, you can grab that cup of java and conduct your own "year in review" to relive all of your adventures. 

For those on the go with limited time to journal or who may simply want something stylish in which to make notes and lists, this versatile journal book may be the perfect fit. A simple design and stylish cut away pattern on the cover give it a distinctive appearance while the alternating blank and graph pages ensure that whatever information you need to add has the perfect page to call home. 


I am an avid fan of practicing gratitude, but have found that my sassy and sometimes sarcastic approach tends to be lost on most people also engaged in the process. Trying to be respectful of their serious approach to giving thanks, I have  recently been a closet gratitude fan. My salvation has arrived, though, with this Thank Journal! The perfect blend of honest appreciation encouragement and sassy wit, it is right up my ally! Allowing plenty of space for you to document your thanks, the journal also hosts suggestions for exercises to make you really understand the things in your life that give you thanks.

Here is the part where I must confess that in my stash closet (gift items only... perfectly legal) I have a collection of colorful and creative journals just waiting for my thoughts. There are also a few less than visually enticing options with blank pages begging to be used and this is where the recycle gene kicks into action. Failing to be inspired by these basic journals, the writing bug never bit me. These clever journal covers may soon change that, though!

Happy journal writing and let me know if you have favorites of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment