BlogSurfer

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dear Old Dad

With Father's Day right around the corner, I have started my attempts at getting Dear Old Dad to give me some hints on things he might want or even need. Unfortunately, like most men I know he has not been very receptive to these fishing expeditions. So, I have gone back to the proverbial drawing board to see what I can come up.

With the weather changing lately, I have noticed the men in my life frequently migrating to their trusty grill around dinner time. This got me thinking that perhaps some unique fire friendly items may be a good option for Father's Day this year. After a little investigation, here are a few fun things that I found.
Bayou Classic 0880-PDQ Stainless-Steel Beercan ChickCAN Rack

Option 1: The Beer Can Chicken Holder
I must confess that this is not something I have ever tried or experienced myself. However, I have heard A LOT of people talking about it recently which made me think this could be a fun option. A bit more professional (and likely safer) than the original version of just plunking the chicken on an open can of beer, this device offers the safety women need and the grilling fun men crave!

Option 2: Nonstick Slider Grill Basket
I am sure by now that everyone is familiar with the slider - the miniature favorite of the classic hamburger. With this handy little device, you can enjoy them at home while your Mr. Mister has fun playing with his grill - everyone dines happy!
Outset Nonstick Slider Basket

Personalized Branding Iron with Box
Option 3: Custom Miniature Branding Iron
A truly frivolous toy for your favorite carnivor, this miniature branding iron can be customized with the recipient's initials allowing them to "mark" their meat during the grilling process. A variety of options and styles are available for purchase, but this option will get you started down the selection path.
Bottle Mate: Credit Card Size Beer Bottle Opener That Fits In Your Wallet

Option 4: Wallet Size Bottle Opener
Although most bottles these days are the twist tab variety, every once in a while you encounter one that requires the old-fashioned style of opener. For the man on the go, this handy little opener could make him the hero of any bottle opening emergency!
Bottle Mate: Credit Card Size Beer Bottle Opener That Fits In Your Wallet
Light My Fire Grandpa's FireFork 4-pack

Option 5: Grandpa's Fire Fork
Ok - here is my "honesty in advertising" admission for the day.... I am not 100% sure that I understand how these little gadgets work. However, they are compact and compatible with fire which makes them a worthy gift option for the men in my life! What I have been able to determine is that these are a safe and hygenic option to pointed sticks when grilling over the campfire. The colorful plastic pieces are safety caps making transportation of the device a non-poke experience. On one end are the prongs needed for securing hot dogs or marshmallows. The other end features two round loops through which you can insert your extension device (aka: stick).
Light My Fire Grandpa's FireFork 4-pack

Hope these get your gift giving fire started! Please share if you have additional ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment