BlogSurfer

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Holiday Twist!

I have been hearing a lot lately about people branding themselves - thank you, Paris Hilton! With the increased use of social media and other non-traditional marketing tools, people are begining to catch on to this trend and converting personalization into branding. This got me thinking and then I had a thought that might actually be considered useful!

If people can be branded just like a business, then why can't a person utilize some of the less obvious "marketing" tools that companies have used for years? Specifically I am thinking of... Holiday Cards!

I am not sure about you, but every year I struggle through the card selection process trying to find an option that offers artwork consistent with my personal style along with a message in line with my wishes. During this process I have often found myself wishing that I could take the message from one card and apply it to another to create the card I want. Until today I assumed that doing so would be a costly and custom endeavor.

What, you ask, is the magic solution that I have discovered? Holiday cards designed for businesses! There are a wide variety of artwork styles and in most cases, the pre-printed inside greeting can be selected from a variety of options allowing you to find just the right one for your cards without having to compromise on the design. In some cases, you can even select an option to create your own message - if you are so inclined. Just a heads up that this feature is likely to be an additional cost to your order. Don't be thrown by the prompts to list your "company information". Just think of yourself as the company and proceed with your order. Most options will also offer the addition of a logo. Assuming that you have not gone so far with your personal branding as to develop a logo, you could find some letter style artwork similar to a monogram and use it for additional customization.

As you investigate this card option you may find that they appear to be a bit more expensive than the options you find at your local Hallmark store. What I caution you to consider is that in addition to receiving customized cards, your order also includes matching envelopes (in most cases foil lined) with your return address pre-printed on the envelope. This adds a professional touch to your card delivery and saves you some writer's cramp! If you are planning to send a big batch of cards, you can also inquire about having your signature pre-printed on the interior of the card (for an additional charge). Add this option and all you have to do is add the recipient's name and address to the envelope, seal and send!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment