BlogSurfer

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just For Fun!


The sky is overcast and my work motivation is lacking its proper enthusiasm - today feels like a shopping day! Since I don't want to use an official sick day perhaps I will indulge my need for retail therapy from my desk. The justification? Once my retail therapy is complete, I will be a whole new person ready to focus on the tasks at hand and capable of being the productive employee that my paycheck expects.

Now I just have to decide where to begin my therapy session for today... Let's start with some of my favorite on line shops and see what fun and interesting items stumble across.

This is what I found to quiet my inner child...

For the little girl inside us all... A personalized fairy tale storybook! If you are struggling to justify this as an addition to your own library, it could also be a great gift option for a special little girl (the under 10 variety).


Polka Dots always make me smile! These fun peel and stick dots can be added to the walls of your (or your child's) room to create a "bubbly" scene.


These fun colors caught my eye and I always did love an opportunity to finger paint! Arriving as a kit, this collection of 10" canvases comes with non-toxic/ water based paints allowing the artists in the family a chance to create a personalized masterpiece.

  

For the man in my life...

You know what they say about boys and their toys... Since there are very few men in the world who don't like sports and/or playing the hero by fixing things around the house, this sport team inspired hammer might be the perfect addition to your honey's toolbox. (Available in a variety of sports teams to be sure you don't offend!)
 
On the off chance that you have captured the rare breed of man who enjoys sports, but not getting his hands dirty, these cufflinks may be a fun gift. He's not a hockey fan? Not to worry - I have seen cufflinks for all sports and teams available.

As I was watching my Mr. Mister get dressed for work the other day I finally noticed that he uses collar stays to ensure he is presentable at the office. When I ran across this little collection, it caught my attention as a perfect gift option - practical to appease the man receiving and fun to make the lady gifting him feel good about her choice! Each stay sends him a little message and you get to decide if that is PG or racy... whatever works best for you!

This one might be a bit of a stretch as a gift "for him", but let me explain my shopping logic. I always hear men complaining that the mood of their favorite female can, at times, be a tad unpredictable. With this in mind, what could be more helpful to him than mood baramoter mugs?! All we have to do is use the appropriate mug for our morning coffee to offer him a "forecast" of our mood before he says the wrong version of, "good morning!"
 
A little something for me...

I fell in love with this little clutch! It's stylish and can work with just about anything. I could use it to give a little sizzle to my casual clothes, as well as the perfect accessory for date night and special occassions.  

These earings also caught my eye. Nothing too extravagant, they are of the simple and sleek variety that works with just about everything in your closet. Artisan crafted they are hammered from a continuous length of silver. As they dangle from your ears, they add about 1 1/2 inches of custom accessory to your look.

A true fan of cuddling, I am usually drawn to anything that makes me feel warm and cozy which might explain why I found myself revisiting this item more than once. It's handwoven using naturally dyed yarns, so my warm fuzzy feelings can extend beyond the literal and into the eco-friendly domain!

Whew! I feel a bit more inspired to tackle that task list waiting for me on my desk now... Hope you had a little fun, too, and please share some of your favorite "therapy" finds by posting a comment!

My "therapists" for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment