BlogSurfer

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Paper Please!

As I approach my 1-year anniversary the gift giving portion of my brain has kicked into overdrive searching for the perfect idea. Though I am still sifting through my options, I thought that sharing what I have come up with so far might be a good way to solicit feedback to help make my decision. Of course, any ideas you may have are always welcome!

Since it is my understanding that the gift tradition for the first year is "paper", I have been investigating options that fall in this category - whether wholly or by a stretch of the imagination!

My favorite so far is an online option I stumbled across that helps you create a personalized book of all the reasons why you love your mate. Although the page content is pre-populated, the "author" can customize the accompanying messages to ensure that the book is an accurate representation of their feelings. You can choose between soft or hard cover books in case the recipient (or your budget) has a preference. Either way the process is under $50 which in my world makes it a great option!The Love Book


The alternative option that I am considering is a framed photo and quote that is uniquely representative of our relationship. Of course, the Type A part of me makes the search for the right quote is getting a bit tedious as I am looking for "the perfect one". Although I am still searching, I have found one that I keep coming back to which makes me think perhaps this might be a better gift option. I have created similar pieces for friends before and it seems to have been a hit, but since this would be a slightly more substantial gift give (sorry friends) I would definitely step it up a notch with some professional framing. Here is the photo and quote combo that I keep coming back to...

As always, I would LOVE to hear your thoughts and suggestions!



No comments:

Post a Comment